Retained by private developer to assist with an application for the proposed North 7 development project. Our role in this assignment was to provide an expert witness report addressing the land use planning elements. municipal fiscal impacts, and economic impacts analysis of the proposed applications and development project.
Our deliverables included the following:
- Analysis of current tax revenues from the existing site(s).
- Analysis of the potential taxes to be generated by the redeveloped site after construction is completed.
- Review of the City of Norwalk budget, revenue, mill rate, Board of Education budget, per pupil spending, and other related fiscal information required to provide a municipal fiscal impact assessment.
- Review of the land use permitting process, regulatory requirements, and permitting fees (such as zoning change application fees, site plan application fees, zoning permit fees, building permit fees, sewer/water connection and service fees.
- Delivery of a report documenting and discussing the municipal fiscal impacts of the proposed development including the proposed application's conformance with the land use approval requirements.