SHARED ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CONSULTING SERVICES FOR 8 SMALL TOWNS
Northwest Hills Council of Governments
- GOMAN + YORK is providing shared economic development services to implement village center vitality initiatives in eight small Northwest Connecticut towns – Canaan/ Falls Village, Cornwall, Goshen, Kent, North Canaan, Norfolk, Salisbury/Lakeville and Sharon.
- We are focused on supporting existing businesses, creating jobs and filling vacant commercial spaces. All of our activities are designed to increase economic activity in the region while retaining the small town historic main street character of each town.
- Business visitation program in each town in an ongoing effort to see and feel how businesses are doing; we have created business to business brochures that are town specific and which highlight the specific demographics of each area.
- Working with numerous businesses on an individual basis as they seek out the best expansion, relocation or refinancing opportunities.
- Participate on a regular basis in local chamber and economic development meetings providing professional support and technical guidance.