The Capital Region Development Authority retained GOMAN+YORK to conduct an Analysis of the Connecticut Regional Market and related materials in preparation for the potential redevelopment of the property on Reserve Road in the South Meadows section of Hartford, Connecticut.
The goals of this study were to assess the physical site’s existing conditions, analyze the operating structure of the marketplace, and recommend possible development scenarios which would yield tangible improvements to the market and the Connecticut Department of Agriculture’s core mission statement: “Growing Connecticut’s agriculture to foster a healthy economic, environmental, and social climate.”
Phase 1 – Existing Conditions
- Update the Current Physical and Operating Characteristics of the Property
- Site visits, interviews with tenants, staff, and municipal officials
- Review and summary of existing documentation: space leases, reports, financial statements
- Recommendation for immediate property and operational improvements
- Update of the Consumer & Commercial Trade Areas for the Property
- Relevant trade area analysis of retail consumers, food distributors, and farmers markets
Phase 2 – Plans for Improvement
- Preliminary Conceptual Plans Showing Possible Redevelopment Alternatives/Scenarios for the Property
- A Review of the Economic Feasibility of Redeveloping the Property.
Phase 3 – Implementation
- Planning and Zoning process
- Creating and Implementing an RFP Process to Solicit Developer Interest